7/29/11

Dirftwood Beach... A different beach.

  Shhh...    Tucked away on the quiet beaches of Jekyll Island is a little secrect called Dirftwood Beach. It is a climbing kids dream, photographers creative outlet, romantic place for lovebirds and everyone's place to experience something Different!
The erosion of this island has created a beautiful cemetery of  amazingly dead....    trees, roots and driftwood.
 The shoreline  is filled with bigger than life beauty. This was one of the most inspiring and relaxing places I have ever visited. And to make it better, It's in Georgia!!! Without further adieu, I give you Dirftwood Beach

                                                         Breath-taking.
                                                                      Death-reminding.
                                                                                    Life-affirming.


WAIT!!!!!! Before you enter....
One of the first things I do before we leave for a trip is research about the place we are going. Looking for good food and new places to see are high on the list. My brother inlaw found this beach and told me we HAD to take our yearly family pictures there.
Well, that prompted my interest into this place. I looked through other photographers work of this place and found MANY breath--taking images! The GREAT thing about photographery is 10 people can walk into the same place, fill up their memory card and all walk away with a Different take on how the location should be photographed. (that's the beauty of photography and something I deeply appericate) I wanted to walk away with images that told the natural story of this place. I wanted you to see what the natural eye takes in.   lightly edited, true beauty, and true to whats there 
 Take a deep breath and enter





Close your eyes..        hear the sound of the waves dusting the sand
imagine the loud cracks of the trees falling
did you ever think those two would go together?



Both of these held such power in color AND in b&w so I am sharing both.





Feel free to leave YOUR feeling in the space below.

1 comments:

Nancy meyer said...

You know I love the beach! These were great and you did a wonderful job capturing the beauty of it.

Post a Comment

 
© Shauna Fortner Photography
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Paper by Sassy Designs