10/12/11

Washington, DC




Land of the FREE, Home of the BRAVE sums it up for me. Washington was one of the most exciting trips I've ever taken. If you ask me every person lucky blessed enough to call Amarica home should see this place atleast once on their live.

Living here means FREEDOM.


Freedom to practice ANY religon we believe..
(this ,by the way, is right in front of the White House)


                                                                  
To SAY what we feel is right or wrong...  

This lady is in front of the White House everyday in her homemade tent.
She, in her broken english, talked to me about where SHE stands on a few things.. needless to say she hates war.
  


   


                                 (stand for what you believe in.. well just not while lortting in front of the White House)

                                      But, perhaps most importantly..Freedom to EAT what we want!


 When we booked this trip it was NOT about how much good food we could eat. Little did I know how Flavorful and YUMMY EVERything we ate was going to be!! Pizza Uno, Chipotle, and Potenza were a few of our favorites. Well, let me be honest.. it was ALL my favorite!


Also one of my favorites was Captiol Hill!! If you have zero idea what happens at the Captiol here is a link to educate yourself!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_Hill


                                                       E pluribus unum     Out of Many, One
I

                                                             Washington by Day                                                                     


                                                            Washington by Night                                                                


         Arlington, for me, could be discribed as the most emotional part of the trip. As soon as you start up the hill your eyes are filled with the remains of those who perished for OUR FREEDOM. Standing about 2 1/2 feet tall with name, birthday, and date of death etched in stone... The only words you can say are thank you. I did not know any of the soldiers who lie here in rest but the real emotion of gratitude kept Chris and I both quiet as we made our way to the Tomb of the Unknown.


See the soldier? A soldier marches in front of the Tomb of the Unknown 24/7


On a lighter note, Georgetown cupcakes was just as I imagined!! We walked everywhere we went in DC.  This little jewel was a 2.5 mile walk from our hotel!! When we set out for our walk, I fully planned on having at least 12   2 when we finally got there. We expected a long line but shockingly enough, went right in! Now being the tightwads money-smart people we are, we decided to only get 6. That would last the rest of the trip ANd let us each try the ones we REALly wanted. Well at $15 bucks for only 6 cupcakes we were joking that they should be made of gold. I mean, really, how good can one cupcake be... right??? Our order was filled and we took a seat at one of the two tables and found out quickly just good, melty, smooth and rich one cupcake could be! Caramel Apple and Salty Caramel were my little piece of eutopia. To say the least I would gladly pay $5 for just one of them!




Now if that was not sweet enough for you.. put yourself here. You went to church and taught Awanas about 7pm the night before last, got on a plane at 3am that morning, got to your hotel at about 8am, walked about 8 miles, went to sleep at 11 the night before only to wake up to the sound of these kind folks banging on bucks, ringing bells and chanting. Now inside the District of Columbia it IS legal to do so! You can protest your little heart out. Now, never having held offcial "protester status" in my life I had to wonder.. COULD this not wait until at least 12!! But I must admitt I LOVE the fact that we as Americans can stand up for what we believe!! nuff said.


Be watching for part 2!!!!!

2 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

my sister-in-law, Tanaya Meaders, sent me an image from their family shoot. stunning!

just wanted to drop by and say hello.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures, I love the blog comments. You are such a talented young woman, a true blessing
genia

Post a Comment

 
© Shauna Fortner Photography
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Paper by Sassy Designs