8/28/11

Just a peek!

   First I want to say THANK YOU and we love you to Heather and Jake. This was such a huge deal in my little world because it was my first destination wedding! It was in crazy humid BEAutiful Savannah Georgia! The ceremony took place at the Bethesda Home for Boys Chapel... The same place Paula Deen AND Mandy Moore got married! But we can talk about all the other details in a later post!

  For now I want to focus one of the most sentimental photos I have ever captured. You see, I am a person not often impressed by something just because of it's beauty or cost. Sometimes the older and more worn it is the more sentimental it becomes. I love a story, something with history... that to me is what gives something value and it's meaning. Now the following photo is new. It is not yet worn or old. But the story of this photo is one of old and in some ways torn. Since I met Jake and Heather, I have heard about how much Love and Respect both have for their parents.
    Jake's mother passed away when he was a young man and his father took great care of him. Heather gives all credit to her mother for the woman she is today and the life she has. Both had hard knocks along their way in life but have become 2 of the most wonderful people I know. That brings me to this image. Chris sat down with me tonight to look through a few pictures from the weekend and BOTH of us got tears in our eyes from the meaning in this image.
                Heather's mother and Jake's father frame the image. Heather's sister to her left. Both parents looking on with tears and pride at the people their babies have become. The people they were responsible for in life. There is just something that gets to me about this image. It means so much.
(*tear) 


This may not be "the most amazing picture ever taken' BUT for those of you who know their story, you can clearly see the importance of this image.
I am sure you can agree that the meaning of a photo is what gives it it's value.
Stay tuned for a full rundown of the day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Shauna Fortner Photography
CoffeeShop Designs
Background Paper by Sassy Designs